Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 April: festive weekend to celebrate the inauguration of the Pont des Trous!
For 6 years, major works have been carried out along the Scheldt in Tournai. In order to celebrate the end of the construction site, which gives the Pont des Trous a new face, the SPW Mobilité & Infrastructures and the City of Tournai have concocted a wide program of free activities for the general public for the weekend of Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 next April. Here is the program !
Saturday 15 April – from 4pm to 2am – Quai des Vicinaux
FREE show !
Nine DJs will follow one another to mix from the top of the Thieulerie tower. On the quay, bars and foodtrucks will be there for small appetites or big thirsts! At 11 p.m., great sound and light show (historical mapping) on the Pont des Trous…
Here is the full line-up:
- 4 - 5 pm : DJ Yan Hendrickx
- 5 - 6 pm : DJ Marathon
- 6 - 7 pm : Antoine V.
- 7 - 8 pm : DJ Valeuu
- 8 - 9 pm : Stéphane Baert
- 9 - 10 pm : Nicki Sanchez
- 10 - 11 pm : DJ Flash
- 10 pm : Relive the history of the river and its evolution with a parade of boats, from the Drakkar to the 110-meter barge...
- 11 pm : Historical mapping show on the Pont des Trous: travel back in time during this sound and light show
- 0 - 1 am : Fred Baker
- 1-2 am : MATTN
Sunday 16 April – 11 am to 6 pm – under a marquee, quai Casterman
FREE ADMISSION !
Music, dance, exhibitions, guided tours are on the program for this family day. Bar and foodtrucks are open to spend a day with multiple activities, under a marquee, on the Pont des Trous or on a walk around it...
- 11 am -6 pm : Exhibition of pictures of the works
- 11 am- 6 pm : Exhibition of watercolors made on site by Bruno Lombardo
- 11 am-5 pm: (SOLD OUT!) Guided tours of the Pont des Trous
- 11 am : Concert by the wind orchestra of the Tournai Music Conservatory
- 12 pm : Contemporary dance performance by the 'En Corps' Choreographic Center
- 1:30 pm : Concert by the Jazz Band of the Music Conservatory of Tournai
- 2-5 pm : (SOLD OUT!) Commented rides on the little train
- 3 pm : Historic dance and tap show by dancers from Danses & Cie
- 4 pm : Singing tour by the Royal Cercle Choral Tornacum
Friday, Saturday and Sunday – Parking lot of the Quai Sakharov – Village careers in the army – FREE ADMISSION !
On Friday April 14 (from 9 am to 5 pm), but also throughout the weekend (from 11 am to 5 pm), the Logistics Training Center housed in Tournai and the Navy will deploy a career village on car park called Sakharov. On different workshops, they will present vehicles (Fox, Unimog, tow truck, etc.) and didactic material to illustrate the technical trades that are taught within the Logistics and Navy Training Center. At the same time, along the quai des Vicinaux -under the Delwart bridge-, it will be possible to visit the Cadets de la Marine launch boat, the P902 'Liberation' on Saturday (11 am - 3 pm) and Sunday (11 am - 5 pm ).
More information on the event page Facebook !