Discover our different options for the big show "Histoire de Clochers" ("Stories of Bell Towers") on the Notre-Dame Cathedral of Tournai !
Notre-Dame Cathedral, a UNESCO site not to be missed in Tournai, will host from August 16 to 25, «Histoire de Clochers», a sound and light show video-mapping style projected on the Place de l’Evêché.
For about thirty minutes, you will be immersed in the prestigious history of the Cité des 5 Clochers.
From the plague epidemic of the 11th century to the construction of the Cathedral, including the birth of the Great Procession, « Histoire de clochers » will retrace the major events of Tournai that make the city the oldest city in Belgium.
History will fascinate heritage lovers, while the technological processes used will delight the new generation!
Combine the show with our tourist activities !
- Combi « guided tour of the Cathedral and tourist train »
- Free tour of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Cathedral Treasure
- Film «Heaven carved from stone » at the Tourist Office
Catering and accomodation options
Some restaurants and accommodations will welcome you with special options !
Gîte : Au Natur’Ailes des Collines (min. 2 nights)
As a welcome for each rental, the owners will offer 3 cheeses "sous cloche" from the region.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Adress > rue Saucelle 1b - 7533 Thimougies
Restaurant "Les Enfants Terribles"
Menu « Belltowers » : starter/main course OR main course/dessert for 27,95 € (drinks are not included)
- Starter : shrimp croquettes ou cheese croquettes
- Main course : mussels with sauce of your choice or belgian tab with kriek sauce
- Dessert : tarte tatin with caramel salted butter or Brussels waffle served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream
Contact : email@example.com
Website of restaurant "Les Enfants Terribles"
Adress > rue de l'Yser 35
Opening hours : from Monday to Saturday from 7 pm to 11 pm (closed on Sundays)
Restaurant "Fourchette Rouge/Red Fork"
This typical restaurant (medieval tavern and medieval cuisine) will welcome you from Wednesday to Sunday in a fantastic and medieval atmosphere.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Adress > rue de Pont 25
Opening hours : from Wednesday to Sunday from 6 pm to 9.30 pm
Frit'House (French Fry Shop)
- "House Burger" (pure beef hamburger, French fries and raw vegetables) : 10 € instead of 11 € mentioning the code "BELLTOWERS"
- Assiette "américain" (Belgian-style beef tartar - French fries and raw vegetables) : 10 € instead of 11 € mentioning the code "BELLTOWERS"
- Box "Kid" : 6 €
Contact : email@example.com
Adress > rue Saint Piat 6
Opening hours: everyday from 6 pm to 9.30 pm