What to do in Tournai this summer ?
A comic trip in Tournai : challenge your friends with the City Strip app !
Pichou, an emblematic character, will take you into his playful world filled with challenges, riddles and each more captivating than the others!
Three possible routes depending on the time you have, and up to 15 fascinating stages to complete. The opportunity to challenge yourself with friends or family and get the best score at the end of this unique course in the heart of the city. Discover the rich history of Tournai and its incredible anecdotes through this new app that will work your brain as much as your legs.
Ready for this urban digital adventure? Three, two, one… it's your turn!
- CITY STRIP app, available for free on Google Playstore or Apple Store
- 3 routes available: express route (45 minutes – 5 stages), tip-top route (1h15 – 10 stages) and “total” route (2h – 15 stages)
- Application available in 3 languages: FR – NL - EN
- Make sure you charge your smartphone sufficiently before the digital adventure and activate your 4G
- Place yourself on the road studs placed on the ground (geolocation) to pass the tests
- Headphones are always welcome to be completely immersed in Pichou's world and listen carefully to his instructions and his little historical stories
2.Natural History Museum and Vivarium
Founded in 1828, the country's first museum opened its doors to the public in 1829. In 1839, the museum moved into the former brewery of Saint-Martin Abbey. When the museum was enlarged and renovated, and opened in June 2001, the design took care to preserve the "cabinet of curiosities", which immerses visitors in the atmosphere of nineteenth-century natural history cabinets, as well as a gallery of rare and extraordinary naturalised animals. Here you can see the first elephant to arrive in Belgium in 1839, now a "Treasure recognised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation"!
You can also discover the incredible butterfly greenhouse and the scientific garden, where lizards and snakes rub shoulders with exotic butterflies and turtles...
3.Tournai insolite, unusual walking tour
Our ' Tournai Insolite' map is the starting point for discovering the strange and unusual secrets of our city.
Wander through the narrow streets of Tournai in search of unusual traces of the city's past. Your imagination will be stimulated by the ten-question treasure hunt included in this map. Observation, intuition and amazement will be the key words of this new activity, available in English - for maximum fun!
Also available in paper version at the Tourist Office.
>>> "Rain" idea !
Discover our new animated film!
In the projection room of the Tourist Office, embark on the two-thousand-year-old history of Tournai, one of the oldest cities in Belgium. With this audiovisual show rich in animations, illustrations and sounds, you will discover the unusual secrets and craziest anecdotes of our surprising City of 5 Bell Towers!
The opportunity to get to know the great historical figures who have forever marked the history of our city, from the Gallo-Roman era to the present day (Childeric, Clovis, Louis XIV, Charles Quint, Henry VIII, etc.).
The ideal starting point before extending the experience in the city and its surroundings !
Did you know that ?
Intended for all audiences, this animated film is accessible to blind and visually impaired, deaf and hard of hearing people (subtitled version), sign language users (sign language version) and people with comprehension difficulties related to their disability (simplified version).
- Animated film the "amazing stories of Tournai"
- Duration : 20 minutes
- Available in French, Dutch , English and German
- 4€ : adults
- 3€ : children from 6 to 18 years old, students, seniors, handypass, groups (min 10 people)
- 2€ : school groups
- 1,25€ : Article 27
- Free : children under 6 years old