A wooden construction built in the 13th century was knocked down by a storm in 1606. Its reconstruction in 1610 and 1611 featured a composite style: the pointed arches on the ground floor of the façade are reminiscent of the Gothic style, the first floor is Renaissance- style and the gables are Baroque. The courtyard with interior galleries, built in 1616, imitates Italian courtyards. It is in this space that the fabric merchants set up. Following its collapse in 1881, the building was rebuilt in an identical manner. It was to be a local museum.
The bombs of 1940 did not spare it. The Cloth Hall had to be restored again. Finally, as part of urban renovation works, its façade was restored again in 1998. At present, this building hosts exhibitions and other activities. Adjacent to the building is the beautiful conciergerie.